Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Walking to Mordor... One step at a time!

A few years ago when the Lord of the Rings trilogy was out, my friend Heather issued a challenge to us all. She wanted us to walk to Mordor with her. She figured out it was 1225 miles for Frodo to walk from the Shire to Mordor. The project started but went dead after a bit.

Recently, we found out "The Hobbit" is coming out in December 2012. Basically about a year from now. What better way to get into 'movie' shape than walk to Mordor! Heather and I are on our way. My tracker is to the right and I'm day 2 of my journey. 6609 steps day 1 and 6299 steps today. I'm well on my way to the 2,431,625 steps it will take me to go all 1225 miles! Check back often to see how I'm doing. If you see me slacking, feel free to abuse me. (just not to much abuse!) :) Also, check out the first trailer for "The Hobbit" below.

No comments:

Post a Comment