Friday, January 27, 2012

Flash Back Friday - June 21st 2009: Day 4 of building R2-TD

Wow... what a day! Moose, Brad, Jason N. and I started around noon at Moose's cutting strips of wood so we could begin cutting four frames out.


After a few hours, we had all the wood cut. We double checked all the measurements one last time against the plans and was ready to head to Brad's to begin notching the frames.


Once at Brad's we paused for lunch than the fun began. Moose and I cut out templates for the notches while Jason and Brad worked on thier skirts for the frames.



We ended up working on all the pieces about eight hours today and still don't have all of them done. Heres myself admiring all we got done.



After we finished up for the day, we ended up taking a swim to unwind!


Anyways, the day was super productive and with any luck we'll have some of the frames glued and together this next week.

OH YEAH!! I almost forgot. I got to meet KITT and B9 today also!




KITT even over saw some of our work to make sure everything was going smooth. We may of missed a step with out him there! :)


Next build night is Tuesday so I'll have more for sure than!

No comments:

Post a Comment