Sunday, January 15, 2012

Inscription and name removal from Glossy Photos

While more a Flash Back Friday as I made this post September 20th 2009, I thought I'd re-post this one right away and get it back out there.

So many times celebrities insist on having your photo personalized. Many collectors like myself do not usually like to have many photos personalized. Today I'm going to show one of the many ways you can remove a personalization from a glossy photo. I haven't tried it on anything other than glossy photos so experiment at your own risk.

I start with a photo, EXPO dry erase marker (usually the color of the ink I'm removing just in case) and a non-lint cloth. I tend to use an old wash cloth usually.

You'll want to try a spot first to make sure the maker will come off. Once your sure it will come off, Trace or black out the area you want to remove.


Once the part you want to remove is covered, take you cloth and slowly wipe the maker away. It may smear a little so you'll want to careful not to get it on any part of the signature or writing you want to keep.


After your finished wiping everything off, you should have a clear photo.


Now you have non-personalized photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment