Saturday, January 7, 2012

That little green guy was always right...

To quote Yoda "You must unlearn what you have learned." "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." "Much to learn, you still have." "Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." "How you get so big, eating food of this kind" "No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." "No! No different! Only different in your mind." "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you?" "Hmm. Control, control. You must learn control." "Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." "A little bit less but a little bit more" OK... I made that last one up. Yoda did not say that... yet.... but it seems to fit in my train of thought.

A little bit less but a little bit more. That's pretty much what I have running through my head. The little bit less is to remind me I don't have to eat the massive amounts of food I eat. The little bit more is for my exercise. It reminds just do a little bit more that yesterday.

So far so good. I trimmed little things out to cut down my calories. For example, I used to make 2 sandwiches for lunch. One day, I cut out a slice of bread and made 1 sandwich with 3 slices of bread cutting out a slice. Eventually, I'll take another slice and be down to just 1 sandwich. I thought about using the food tracker at www.myfitnesspal.com/ but I really want this to be a lifestyle change.... not a task or a chore. Food tracking is fine but inputting can be a huge hassle especially if you have to add in a ton of stuff to the database.

For the walking, I wish I would of never stopped walking last year or better yet 2 years ago. I was up to several miles during lunch break last year and even double that 2 years ago. Right now I can do the pace I was at last year but not near the distance. I'll get there. Each day I'm adding in a few more steps. Its only been 4 days since I started going again. Day 1 6609 steps, Day 2 6299, Day 3 7839, Day 4 8452. I was in great pain day 1 but each day the pain has gotten a little less. I took a few small breaks also those first few days and today I made it without a break.

Now for the payoff.... Down 5 pounds in the first week. But still a long ways to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment