Thursday, January 12, 2012

12 months of Giving

I used to be really, really involved with various fund raisers and such. I got burned out on it and let die down a bit. I was still involved with things but not near the level I once once. This year, I'm going to do better at that. Once a month, I'll find a charity or event and do what I can for it.
The events so far:

January - The Super Hero Blood Drive with Dr. SanGuinary at Kypton Comics. R2-TD will be making a stop out to say hi. The 501St will also be on hand from Noon to 3 pm.

February - The Polar Plunge benefiting Special Olympics Nebraska. A team of geeks and I will brave the water provided we meet the required minimum donation. A donation link can be found to right if you'd like to help with that, no matter how small.

March - St. Baldricks is the choice for March. You'll notice my hair is getting a bit long these days. See my previous posts about this event and why its special to me. More on this event as details develop.

April and on - TBA - Check back to see whats in store.

If you have an event or charity you'd like to consider, let me know in the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment