Sunday, February 12, 2012

Star Wars Episode 1 in 3-D, 2-10-12, Aksarben Cinema, Omaha NE



Friday Night, R2-TD went out to Movies and joined the 501st Central Garrison and the Rebel Legion Central Base for a troop to see Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace. It was a short troop where we posed for photos and met the crowd on the "Red Carpet" before the show.




After the Meet and Greet, we watched the film. This was a special one for me because it was the only movie from the prequels I hadn't trooped among many friends. I was really excited to see the 3-D. The first 20 to 30 minutes were awesome. After that, the effect wore off and wasn't really all that special. I expected more from some of the amazing scenes like the pod race and the epic light saber battle between Darth Maul and the Jedi. Don't get wrong, I'm excited to see the movies again on the big screen and will go see the other 5 regardless. I just hope some improvements in the 3-D technology come first.

After the movie, we all met up for an after troop dinner at "Old Chicago". It was great to see everyone and get the old gang back together again. Many of us have families now and it gets harder and harder to get everyone together.

(All Photos provided by and used with permission from Denman Freeman, Falcon-One-Photo... Thanks Denny!)

No comments:

Post a Comment