Sunday, February 5, 2012

Maybe Im kicking a dead horse... more UFL news

Heard this from the Sacramento Mountain Lions Fan club President:

From Joe Wagoner, Mountain Lions Senior Vice President:

"I wanted to take a moment to let you know that I am leaving my position with the Sacramento Mountain Lions Football team. My last day with the team will be next Friday, February 10. I have accepted an offer to be the CEO of the start-up San Francisco Bulls Hockey Team of the ECHL. The ECHL is an electrifying league with a rich 24-year history. I am very excited to be a part of their new organization.

I have enjoyed my two years with the Mountain Lions immensely. The journey from being the first Mountain Lions employee to witnessing a 20,000-fan home-opener was the most fulfilling accomplishment of my professional career. I’d like to thank team ownership, Paul Pelosi, Angelo Tsakopoulos and David Lucchetti for allowing me this incredible experience. Additionally, I want to thank the members of the front office for their tireless effort, the corporate partners for their unwavering support, the fans for sticking with us amongst all the uncertainty in the world of the UFL and my wife for basically managing our entire life while I was at the office for two straight years.

Rachel and I are very happy to have planted our roots in Sacramento and are looking forward to raising our family here. So we have decided that I will commute to San Francisco. We hope to see everybody around town.

Thanks again for everything and GO MOUNTAIN LIONS!!!

Joe"

Also according to the Story here from Sacramento Business Journals,"Russ Edmonson, the Mountain Lions’ spokesman, said he is resigning from the team as of the end of Tuesday"

Still zero news on the Omaha Nighthawks future. An announcement is suppose to be coming in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment