Friday, February 3, 2012

Flash Back Friday: July 12th 2009 - Day 8 of building R2-TD

Saturday was another day we got together at Brad's to work on our R2's. Moose, Dawn and I glued most of my frame together. Thanks to LC for letting me use his skins to hold everything to place while the first glue takes hold.







Than we worked some more on gluing a few of the last pieces on the legs.



I also cut some more on the dome.


I found out just how fragile R2 can be. I had a total of 3 breaks in it along the bottum where I was cutting. One was from picking it up wrong and had to much pressure on a weak spot and the other 2 happened when the table got bumped and it fell. The guys tell me it can be repaired but I may save my pennies and just order a pre-cut one to save a lot of headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment