Friday, March 23, 2012

Am I really this old? The Hunger Games as a midnight movie

Last night I did something I have only done a hand full of times. I went to a midnight showing of 'The Hunger Games'; I ask am I really this old because I had to take a nap before going 'out' for the night. LOL! Normally, I pass on the midnight shows. Before this one, I'd only seen the latest Star Wars and Lord of the Rings flicks as a midnight showing and that was just so I wasn't 'spoiled' on what happened. I just cant stay up as late as I used to and even when I try, I'm often asleep well before midnight. So I snuck a hour or so nap in after work just to make sure I made it to the end.

My wife and I set out to join our friends for this movie around 10 pm. I was the only one in the party who had not read the book but I knew enough about the story to kinda know what was going to happen. Besides being surrounded by teenagers who thought it would be best to give a play by play on how the book was different from the movie... I had a great time. I finally got them to shut up about 3/4 though the flick. Anyways, The movie kept my interest and was well paced. The effects and sound were well done and everything was visually pleasing. I wont go into the story or how I was told what was different from the book; just know I had a good time and made it to the end. I also can't wait to pick up the book and read it. Rarely does a movie make me want to do that. That alone should tell you I enjoyed the movie and can't wait for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment