Friday, December 14, 2012

Flashback Friday: 3-2,4-2010, Day 32 and 33 of building R2-TD

Well, this weekend will be the third time I've attempted to paint R2's dome. After the last attempt, we had crackling again in the paint. This time, I've sanded way down to the primer of the previous owners and will add my own primer on top of it. Some spots are all the way down to the original dome. I still have a little more sanding to do but heres my progress so far. 



R2 took a big step today. 1 Motor holder complete. I started the night widening the hole for the motors. Than Moose showed me how everything went together. We did a test run to make sure the motor worked. Things are looking good. We will finish up the motors next time than start wiring. 







No pictures but Motor holder number 2 is assembled. Now I begin work on getting the third leg finished. Hopefully the next photo you see of R2 will be one of him standing on his own with wheels and casters! 

Also, I hope to be able to get the dome all painted with the warmer, above freezing weather here. I'm also going to start painting the legs if everything goes right. More to come later!


Chance of rain this weekend and with the sun out and the temps finally above freezing, I thought I had better get moving. I had a chance to paint a little today so I did! I'm letting the paint cure over night and still have a coat or two left but things are finally starting to come into place for the dome.

No comments:

Post a Comment