Friday, August 3, 2012

Flash Back Friday: August 8th 2009 - My Other Love: The Big Red!

Today is Fan Day in Lincoln so I thought I'd Flashback to 2009's fan day experience.  This year will be the 8th year I went in row.  Photos soon of the this years event! 




We know I love autographs and but I have another big hobby. I'm a pretty big college football fan. I enjoy college football much more than pro because the players play for the love of the game and not money like the pro's often do. Living in Nebraska, it's pretty obvious I follow the Nebraska Cornhuskers pretty close. I've grown up following them for as long as I can remember and it's a pretty big thing in my family. Today, the Huskers hosted "Fan Day" and I made the trip to Memorial Stadium to join the fun. This is the 7th time in the last 10 years I've went and it gets bigger each year. My Dad is also a big Husker fan and he usually makes the trip down and we make a day of it. He couldn't make it this year and because of the heat, Dawn didn't go so it was just me this year. I still had a great time. I try to get as many signatures as possible in the alloted time. It's pretty hard to get more than a hand full of players with 10000 people all tring to do the same thing in a hour and half time frame so I started "2 year" signed ball. The first I did was 2006 - 2007 and I got about half of the team. The newest ball, 2008 - 2009, I managed to get the entire team minus the Offensive line and tight ends. There just wasn't enought time. I got 40 defensive and special teams sigs last year and added 37 offensive players this year. Heres some photos of the madness today and some of the future Husker Stars. Enjoy!
Some Crowd shots showing the madness!



QB Zac Lee

WR Will Henry

WR Niles Paul

WR Menelik Holt

LB Phillip Dillard

I Back Quentin Castille

I Back Roy Helu Jr

Head Coach Bo Pelini


Me at the end of the day with my nearly complete team ball. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment